I’m going to be making caramel apples! I had so much fun making these, it was such a fun fall activity! I would like to start doing a fall treat every week, but I don’t know how it will work out because of school and stuff, but I’m going to try. Also if your wondering why I cut the apples like this its because they are so much easier to eat, and much less messy.
- Caramel /sticks
- Things to decorate your apples with
- Tin foil
- Chocolate covered raisins
- Cut your apples into halves .
- Stick a sharp knife into the apple so that you can make a small hole to put your stick into.
- Put your caramel into the microwave for 60 sec.
- Put the tin foil down so you have something to lay your apples down on.
- Put the stick into your apple, then dip it in the caramel, (DO NOT GET CARAMEL ON THE BACK OF THE APPLE OR IT WILL STICK TO THE TIN FOIL).
- Put some VEGETABLE OIL IN YOUR CHOCOLATE SO IT DOESN’T BURN! Microwave the chocolate for 2 min, then start to decorate with whatever you desire. I decided to go with some festive sprinkles.
- Wait for 30-40 min. depending how long it takes to dry.
Be careful while microwaving caramel. I accidentally exploded it all over my microwave twice, so be aware!